Shane and Josh tagged me to be a part of this blogging meme.
1. Blogging is one of the most powerful networking tools. I’ve met a ton of interesting people through my blog. Many of these people have become good friends or even clients for my business. When a blogger projects him or herself out into the blogosphere, like-minded and similar people seem to attract.
2. Clarifying my thoughts. Whenever I have a ton of stuff on my mind, writing is one of the best ways to organize and collect my thoughts. Sometimes I will have a good piece of advice in my head, but I won’t fully apply it until I have written it down. Thankfully, blogging is the best place to lay out ideas and reflect upon them.
3. Creating a personal brand. One of the great things about blogging is that it is a great showcase for what you are into in both your personal and professional life. If anyone was curious about who Nate Whitehill really is and they typed my name into a search engine, they would find my blog, and after probably 10 minutes of reading, they would have a very clear impression of who I am and what I am doing.
4. Community feedback. There are few things more powerful than the collective consensus. When I have an idea or want to get feedback about a new project, I have found the best place to get feedback is from my blog. My readers give me great ideas, advice, and knowledge that I may have overlooked during my initial analysis.
5. Gauging my progress. I love challenges especially when I can gauge my progress. Through measuring visitors, pageviews, subscribers, total posts, Technorati ranking, backlinks, etc., I can see exactly how my blog has improved over a given period of time. I have also heard that my writing has improved quite a bit thanks to blogging.
Well, that’s why I blog. I am tagging Scot, Jane, The Paper Bull, and Derrich to continue this “5 Reasons Why I Blog” meme.
7 thoughts on “5 Reasons Why I Blog”
Interesting. I like this linkbait. Waiting for someone to tag me. Hellooooo? =)
Derrich, you gave me no choice there. I am tagging you now! 😀
Looks like I have to think about this one to make it interesting huh 🙂
Nate. Glad you jumped in! Those are all very focused reasons and well tuned to your entrepreneurial mindset. A great read for any entrepreneur bloggers.
I totally agree on the 2nd point made. I probably spent too much time last year blogging about what I wanted to do in the future as I wasn’t sure. And it helped me greatly as you start to find answers as you blog. ^_^
According to what I think, reason number 3 is the most important for me.
Comments are closed.