Hey everyone, I just wanted to take a moment and let you know that my business partners, Josh Mullineaux, Matt Blancarte and I will be attending the Blog World Expo, November 8-9, 2007 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
What Is Blog World?
Blog World is the first and only industry-wide tradeshow, conference, and media event dedicated to promoting the dynamic industry of blogging and new media.
Why am I going to Blog World? In my quest to further educate and network myself in the world of new media, Blog World provides an excellent opportunity to meet and learn from some of the best and brightest bloggers today.
While blogging is not my only career, I am convinced that the marketing, networking, and branding benefits of blogging are unmatched by any other marketing tool. Essentially, I see blogging as one of the premier marketing tools businesses will use in the next 5-10 years.
Another important reason we are attending is because we are in the process of developing a business centered around helping bloggers succeed. There is certainly going to be a heap of valuable information which I will take away from this conference and be able to apply it directly to our new venture.
Not to mention, some of the seminars are going to be fascinating:
- Future Business: Online Tactics & Strategies
- Building Your On-line Reputation
- Good to Great: Blogging & Profit Potential
- The Long Tail … Or Not?
- Making a Living Podcasting
- Social Media vs. Corporate Blogging
- How On-line Conversations Change Markets
- Badges, Widgets, Plugins & Gizmos, Oh My!
- The Psychology of Blogging
- Syndicating Your Blog for Profit
- Profiting from Podcasts
- Keeping Your Blog Out of Court
- Maximizing the Benefits of Small Business Blogs
- On Writing Well
- Bloggers for Hire / Hiring Bloggers
- Making Money with Affiliate Programs
- Podcasting as Marketing
Blog World Conference Pricing
The cost to attend starts at $75 for the Basic program which includes: access to Exhibits, entrance to 2007 Weblog Awards (Friday, Nov. 9), and tickets to (3) BlogWorld Conference Sessions.
There is also a full conference pricing for $125 which includes: all of the above, plus (1) ticket to Opening Reception (Evening of Nov. 8), access to Exhibit Hall, entrance to 2007 Weblog Awards (Friday, Nov. 9) and Full Access to all concurrent BlogWorld Conference Sessions (excluding Executive & Entrepreneur sessions).
Meet Me At Blog World
If any of you plan on attending Blog World and would like to meet up at one of the keynotes, send me a message. Perhaps one of the biggest benefits to attending Blog World are the networking opportunities available. I am really looking forward to meeting my readers in person.
Interesting Blogging Statistics:
- Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a blog.
- More than 147 million Americans use the Internet.
- Over 57 million Americans read blogs.
- 1.7 million American adults list making money as one of the reasons they blog.
- 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
- 9% of internet users say they have created blogs.
- 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog.
- Technorati is currently tracking over 70 million blogs.
- Over 120 thousand blogs are created every day.
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day.
- 22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs.
- 120,000 new blogs are created every day.
- 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006.
- 51% of blog readers shop online.
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week.
If you are interested in attending, you can pre-register here (aff). Note that the pricing for attendance will increase on October 19th.