Just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to get myself back to a regular schedule of blogging starting tomorrow (or I guess now LOL).
Why now? Well, as most of you know, I have been extremely busy the past few months working to develop UBD as a self-sustaining entity. What I mean by that is that in the past 2.5 months, we have hired three full-time employees, and have been working with a dozen or so other people to further develop the business.
A huge part of our efforts have gone into preparing for the first new media and blogging convention, Blog World Expo, which is taking place this week in Las Vegas.
Blog World is going to be an incredible experience and we will be capturing tons of video, pics, and also blogging about it (go figure!). Given that there will be a lot of other notable bloggers there, I wanted to share with you our experience as well as document what will be an spectacular gathering of influential bloggers. Not to mention, but I think it is about time that I get back to a regular schedule (4-6x/week) of blogging. What better time and place to start then Blog World?
For all of you not familiar with Blog World, let me just get to the point. Why is Blog World such a big deal to us?
- Blog World will be in Las Vegas, a city that I have never been to, despite being only a 4-hour drive.
- Blog World is one of the first industry trade shows dedicated exclusively to blogging and the new media.
- Blog World is my FIRST trade show ever.
- My business partner and CTO, Dave Bjornn, will be speaking on the Blog Design Discussion Panel.
- UBD will have a 10×10 booth with Josh, Matt, Dave, Shawn, two booth girls, and myself on the floor.
- John Chow will be there!
- Shoemoney will be there!
- Mark Cuban will be there!
- Numerous other bloggers (and friends) I know will be there, including, Chris, Gary, Danielle, Vinay, Anthony, Greg, Darin, Prija and I am several other people who I am forgetting due to being as tired as I am write this…
Update – Our friends Marshall and Joli from Lizard Wisdom will also be at Blog World!
Obviously, I can’t tell you enough how excited I am for Blog World! We have been preparing for Blog World for over two months now, and by the guest list and estimated turnout (several thousand in attendance) it should turn out to be a ridiculously awesome time!
Like I said, I will be chronicling my experience through video and daily updates to this blog. My other business partners, Matt and Josh, will also be updating their blogs with their experiences.
One other cool thing – I just picked up an iPhone and I will be adding Twitter to my blog and providing updates directly from the show floor. See everyone there!